Mechanics of bio-inspired Architected Cement-based Materials
- Arjun Prihar, Shashank Gupta, Hadi S. Esmaeeli, Reza Moini. “Two-component Robotic Additive Manufacturing of Tough Bouligand and Double Concrete.” Under Review.
- Rita M. Ghantous, Anastasiia Evseeva, Brandon Dickey, Shashank Gupta, Arjun Prihar, Hadi S. Esmaeeli, Reza Moini, W. Jason Weiss. 2022. “Examining Printing Directionality on the Freeze-Thaw Response of 3D-printed Cement Paste.”. Accepted.
- Shashank Gupta, Hadi S. Esmaeeli, Arjun Prihar, Rita M. Ghantous, W. Jason Weiss, Reza Moini. 2023. “Fracture and Transport Analysis of Heterogeneous 3D-Printed Lamellar Cementitious Materials.” Cement and Concrete Composite, 140: 105034.
- Reza Moini, Ahamdreza Baghaie, Fabian Rodriguez, Pablo Zavattieri, Jeffrey Youngblood, Jan Olek, 2021. “Quantitative Microstructural Investigation of 3D-printed and Cast Cement Pastes using Micro-Computed Tomography and Image Analysis”. Cement and Concrete Research, 147: 106493.
- Reza Moini, 2020. “Buildability and Mechanical Performance of Architectured Cement-based Materials Fabricated Using a Direct-Ink-Writing Process“, West Lafayette, IN: Purdue University.
- Reza Moini, Jan Olek, Jeffrey P. Youngblood, Bryan Magee, Pablo Zavattieri. 2018. “Additive Manufacturing and Performance of Architected Cement‐Based Materials.” Advanced Materials, 30(43): 1802123. (Selected for frontispiece of the issue).
- Reza Moini, Jan Olek, Bryan Magee, Pablo Zavattieri, Jeffrey Youngblood, 2018 “Additive Manufacturing and Characterization of Architectured Cement-Based Materials via X-ray Micro-Computed Tomography“, RILEM International Conference on Concrete and Digital Fabrication, Springer, Cham.
- Marco Rupp, Shuichiro Hayashi, Claire Dashe, Shashank Gupta, Reza Moini, Craig Arnold, 2022. “Continuous Wave Laser Grooving of Cementitious Materials”, Applied Physics A. 129 (2): 160.
Additive Manufacturing Cement-based Materials
- Reza Moini, Jan Olek, Pablo Zavattieri, Jeffrey Youngblood. 2022. “Early-age Buildability-Rheological Properties Relationship in Additively Manufactured Cement paste hollow cylinders”, Cement and Concrete Composites, 131: 104538.
- Reza Moini, Jan Olek, Jeffrey Youngblood, Pablo Zavattieri. 2021. “Open-span Printing Method for Assessment of Early-age Deformations of Additively Manufactured Cement-based Materials Using an Isosceles Triangle“, ASTM Symposium on Standards Development for Cement and Concrete Used in Additive Construction, STP1636.
- Fabian Rodriguez, Jan Olek, Reza Moini, Pablo Zavattieri, Jeffrey Youngblood. 2021. “Linking Solids Content and Flow Properties of Mortar to their three-Dimentional Printing Characteristics“, ACI Materials Journal – Special Issue on Advances in Rheology and AM.
Selected Past Publications
Sustainable and Durable Low-carbon Concrete
- Reza Moini, Konstantin Sobolev, Ismael Flores-Vivian, Adil Amirjanov. 2019. “Modeling and Experimental Evaluation of Aggregate Packing for Effective Application in Concrete.” ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 31(3): 04019001-10. Selected to be featured in the Editor’s Choice section of the journal.
- Reza Moini, Konstantin Sobolev, Ismael Flores-Vivian, Scott Muzenski, Le Pham, Steven Cramer, Mengesha Beyene. 2019. “Durability of Concrete Mixtures Containing SCMs in Rapid Chloride Permeability Test.” ACI Materials Journal, 116(5): 67–76.
- Reza Moini, Ismael Flores-Vivian, Adil Amirjanov, Konstantin Sobolev. 2015. “The Optimization of Aggregate Blends for Sustainable Low Cement Concrete.” Construction and Building Materials, 93: 627–634.
- Reza Moini, The optimization of concrete mixtures for use in highway applications, 2015, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Ismael Flores-Vivian, Rani Pradoto, Rza Moini, Marina Kozukhova, Vadim Patapov, Konstantin Sobolev. 2017. “The Effect of SiO2 Nanoparticles Derived from Hydrothermal Solutions on the Performance of Portland Cement Based Materials.” Frontiers of Structural and Civil Engineering, 11(4): 436–445.
- Ismael Flores-Vivian, Rani Pradoto, Reza Moini, Konstantin Sobolev. 2013. “The Use of Nanoparticles to Improve the Performance of Concrete.” In 5th International Conference, NANOCON (63–68). Brno, Czech Republic: NANOCON.
Predictive Methods in Concrete Mix Design
- Reza Moini, Amir Lakizadeh. 2011. “Concrete Workability: An Investigation on Temperature Effects Using Artificial Neural Networks.” Central Milton Keynes, UK: AuthorHouse.
- Reza Moini, Amir Lakizadeh, Mostafa Mohaqeqi. 2012. “Effect of Mixture Temperature on Slump Flow Prediction of Conventional Concretes Using Artificial Neural Networks.” Australian Journal of Civil Engineering, 10(1): 87-98.